Youth

• 교회학교 >
  • Youth
Resolve
운영자 2016-10-31 추천 0 댓글 0 조회 159

Resolve

2 Timothy1:12

How important is a firm determination in competition? Resolve comes from an inner conviction that a certain way to go is the right way. As most coaches, we have to be convinced that our training program and game plan are going to work.

Tony Dungy who is a former professional American football player and coach in the National Football League. He was resolved to coach his players God’s way because he was convinced it was the right way to go. By doing things God’s way, he was convinced he would also get the best from his players.

In the Bible, Daniel and his friends were called into the King’s service. They spent three years learning the Babylonian language and literature. During this training time, they are given the King’s food and wine, which violated the Jewish dietary laws and, therefore, God’s Word. Daniel Ch1, Verse eight says, “But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself in this way.”

Was Daniel just a prideful teenager, or was he convicted about honoring God?

It was most certainly the latter. As Daniel acted with resolve, God was working behind the scenes to provide favor to Daniel. Daniel asked the chief for permission, but with resolve, he convinced the chief to give his way a try. Daniel knew God’s way was the best and was not going to budge. God strengthened Daniel and his friends through all of this, and they became leaders in Babylon.

In the today's passage, Paul said to Timothy who is a spiritual son.

"Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.”

We have to resolve a lot of problems as God's ways in the Bible. If you go with God's way, God must go with you.   

자유게시판 목록
구분 제목 작성자 등록일 추천 조회
이전글 Bakersfield Youth Outreach 2016 운영자 2016.11.06 0 136
다음글 Forgiveness 운영자 2016.10.31 0 133

2203 Dean Ave. Bakersfield, CA93312 TEL : 661-589-0191 지도보기

Copyright © 은혜와진리장로교회 Bakersfield. All Rights reserved. MADE BY ONMAM.COM

• Today13
  • Total19,644
  • rss
  • 2016 Best